Man arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after car crashes into building
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after a car smashed into a building in Sudbury last night.
Police and the ambulance service were called to the scene of a single-vehicle collision in the centre of the town after a car crashed into a building on Station Road, near to the junction with Meadow Lane.
Officers were called shortly after 8pm yesterday and the road was closed while the scene was made safe.
The affected building is Tricker Blackie Associates, a chartered architects and planning consultancy firm.
Three crews from Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were also mobilised: one each from Sudbury, Long Melford and Clare.
A structural engineer was called out to assess the damage to the building.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said no injuries were reported and the road has now reopened.
- 1 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 5 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 9 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 10 Sunday sermon required at Portman Road... why Crewe game is 'must win' for Town