Forensic teams on heathland as police cordon is put in place
Forensic teams have been spotted at a Suffolk heathland, where a police cordon has been put in place.
Officers have been stationed at heathland between Sutton and Hollesley, near to MoD Woodbridge, since last night.
Eyewitnesses have reported seeing forensic teams in the area, while a cordon remains in place around a patch of land.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said: “Officers are currently carrying out an investigation in Sutton.
“Police received a call yesterday afternoon, Tuesday, October 20, from a member of the public expressing a concern for an altered area of heathland that appeared to have been dug over some time ago.
“A scene has been put in place while further enquiries are carried out.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns