Rolled cigarette of cannabis seized in stop and search
- Credit: Archant
Police conducting a stop and search arrested a man after finding cannabis.
Officers from Hadleigh Police said they stopped the adult man in Inkerman Terrace, Hadleigh on Sunday, February 10.
They Tweeted after the incident: “Hadleigh Police conducted a drug stop and search of adult male in the street at Inkerman Terrace this evening.
“A rolled cigarette of cannabis was seized. Suspect to be dealt with at a later date.”
Police in Suffolk say the use of stop and search powers fell almost 75% in the four years since reforms aimed at more intelligence-led operations and better arrest ratios.
Suffolk police used the powers on 1,585 occasions during the year ending September 30 – compared to 5,884 in the 12 months before the Best Use of Stop and Search (BUSS) scheme at the end of April 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant chief constable Rachel Kearton said of the figures: “We’ve seen a reduction in the quantity of stop and search, but the quality remains at a high level.”
- 1 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 8 Crash between two motorbikes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 Ipswich closing in on Coulson loan signing