Police hunt burglar who absconded from Suffolk prison
- Credit: Suffolk Police
People have been warned not to approach a convicted burglar who has absconded from an open prison in Suffolk.
Dean Maguire, 26, was reported missing to police last night, Wednesday, after being absent from the 8pm roll-call at Hollesley Bay open prison.
He was serving a three year, nine month sentence for burglary.
Maguire is described as 5ft 8ins, slim, with brown eyes and brown hair. He is said to have an Irish accent and “stubbly beard”.
“Members of the public are advised not to approach him,” a police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
Inquiries are said to be on-going to locate him involving multiple police forces.
Anyone who believes they may have seen Maguire or who has any information regarding his whereabouts, is asked to contact Suffolk police on 101.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 10 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police