Suffolk: Police hunt escaped Hollesley Bay prisoner David Donnelly
A MANHUNT has been launched after the escape of another Hollesley Bay prisoner.
David Donnelly, 33, who was serving six-and-a-half-year term for burglary, failed to return to the jail near Woodbridge following a work placement.
He was given a temporary release licence to work for a charity in Ipswich but he was not at the agreed collection point at 6.30pm yesterday, Thursday, August 30.
Donnelly is one of several prisoners to escape from Hollesley Bay this year - in June there were four escapes alone.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said: “He has connections to the Gypsy Hill and West Norwood areas of London and it’s possible he has returned to the capital.
You may also want to watch:
“Donnelly is described as white, around 5ft 11ins tall, of slight build, with blue eyes and brown hair.
“Police are asking anyone who may have seen him since yesterday or anyone with information about where he is now to contact officers. You should not approach him or take any further action.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 7 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 10 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
Anyone who may have seen him, or who may have information about where he is now, should contact Suffolk police on 101.