Suffolk: Police investigate ‘gun waved at pupil’ allegation
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A MEMBER of staff at an educational unit in Suffolk has been spoken to by police after it was alleged he waved a gun at a pupil’s head.
It is reported that the man had been joking with a boy in a common room at the centre before making threats towards the pupil.
He is said to have left the building and returned with an antique weapon. No shots were fired and no injuries have been reported.
Suffolk County Council last night confirmed that police were investigating an alleged incident, which is thought to have taken place on March 4.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said a man had been spoken to in connection with the alleged incident.
Police would not confirm what kind of weapon is alleged to have been in the unit.
The facility where the incident is reported to have taken place is one of nine in Suffolk that teaches children with educational and emotional difficulties and who find mainstream education challenging.
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 3 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 4 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 5 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after death of child
- 6 Army carries out controlled explosion of dummy tank shell in west Suffolk
- 7 McKenna delighted to see Town win game of 'aggressive chaos'
- 8 Man dies following two-vehicle crash in west Suffolk town
- 9 Strike threat could leave East Suffolk bins overflowing
- 10 Burton Albion 0-1 Ipswich Town: Harness wins it as Blues stand firm
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “Suffolk police are currently investigating an alleged incident at an education establishment.
“A man has been spoken with in connection with the alleged offence and officers are liasing with the education authorities to ascertain whether any offences have taken place.”
The centre is not being identified for legal reasons.