Hollesley Bay absconder found
- Credit: Archant
A man who absconded from the open prison back in August has been found by police.
Aaron Johnson, 34, was serving a nine year sentence for robbery, wounding and assault.
He was reported missing to police on Friday August 17.
Johnson had been granted a special purpose temporary licence to attend a funeral on the day he went missing.
He later failed to return to the prison.
You may also want to watch:
He was detained by police at Heathrow airport on Friday October 5 after police had earlier warned the public not to approach him.
Johnson appeared before Uxbridge Magistrates in London the following day and has now been returned to the prison system.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
A Suffolk police spokesman said the force thanked the public and media for their help in Johnson’s recapture.
Hollesley Bay is a Category D men’s prison and Young Offenders institutution.