Driver suffers serious injuries in collision with digger
- Credit: Google
A driver has been taken to hospital with ‘potentially life changing injuries’ after their 4x4 crashed into a stationary vehicle, reported to have been a digger.
Suffolk police was alerted to reports of a crash in Mildenhall Road, near to the Walnut Tree pub in Worlington at around 6.40pm.
A police spokesman said the driver of a white 4x4 vehicle had been taken to hospital by ambulance with serious injuries.
The spokesman said officers had closed the B1102 between the pub and the road’s junction with Station Road, where it becomes Mill Street, while collision investigation teams work. The road reopened at 11pm.
The driver’s injuries are not thought to be life threatening, however police said they were “potentially life changing”.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service and the East of England Ambulance Service also attended the crash.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 6 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 7 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 8 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United