Suffolk cheese and ham baguette thief is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A prolific shoplifter who stole items including Greggs cheese and ham baguettes during a west Suffolk crime spree has been jailed.
Stewart McLeish, 46, of Rous Road, Newmarket, was charged yesterday with four counts of theft that happened between late April and early June.
Stolen items included a £69 Lavazza coffee machine from Waitrose on April 29; a gas stove from QD Stories on May 26 and two cheese and ham baguettes from Greggs on May 30. McLeish also stole a £25 Gillette razor set from Superdrug yesterday.
He appeared before Suffolk Magistrates’ Court today where he pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 16 weeks in jail.
Sgt Steve Duncan of Mildenhall and Brandon Safer neighbourhood Team said: ”McLeish is a prolific shoplifter so to see him receiving this custodial sentence is very gratifying – he was a persistent offender who choose not to change his criminal behaviour.
You may also want to watch:
“We continue to work with town centre shops and CCTV in the area to reduce the number of shoplifting offences.”
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 8 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 9 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years