Suffolk cheese and ham baguette thief is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A prolific shoplifter who stole items including Greggs cheese and ham baguettes during a west Suffolk crime spree has been jailed.
Stewart McLeish, 46, of Rous Road, Newmarket, was charged yesterday with four counts of theft that happened between late April and early June.
Stolen items included a £69 Lavazza coffee machine from Waitrose on April 29; a gas stove from QD Stories on May 26 and two cheese and ham baguettes from Greggs on May 30. McLeish also stole a £25 Gillette razor set from Superdrug yesterday.
He appeared before Suffolk Magistrates’ Court today where he pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 16 weeks in jail.
Sgt Steve Duncan of Mildenhall and Brandon Safer neighbourhood Team said: ”McLeish is a prolific shoplifter so to see him receiving this custodial sentence is very gratifying – he was a persistent offender who choose not to change his criminal behaviour.
“We continue to work with town centre shops and CCTV in the area to reduce the number of shoplifting offences.”
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 4 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 7 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 8 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 9 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 10 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast