Death of Suffolk woman Julie Feetham, 52, is no longer thought to be suspicious

The scene in Beyton after Julie Feetham suffered fatal injuries. Picture: Archant

The scene in Beyton after Julie Feetham suffered fatal injuries. Picture: Archant

The death of a Suffolk woman who suffered a traumatic head injury is no longer being treated as suspicious - and the man arrested in connection with the incident will face no further action.

Julie Feetham, 52, died in hospital on Tuesday, November 14, 2017, after police were called to a bungalow in Thurston Road, Beyton, near to Bury St Edmunds, following reports she had suffered serious injuries.

-MORE: Man bailed after death of Julie Feetham, 52, in BeytonA Home Office post mortem examination concluded Ms Feetham died as a result of the effects of a traumatic head injury.

A 55-year-old man was arrested in connection with the death and released on police bail.

Today, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “Police conducting inquiries into the death of a 52-year-old woman from Beyton are now satisfied that there is no indication of suspicious circumstances surrounding the incident.”

“A 55-year-old man, initially arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and released under investigation will no longer face any police action in connection with the incident.”

You may also want to watch:

A file will be prepared for the coroner and an inquest will be held in due course.

Police said soon after the death that it was believed the victim and the man who had been arrested knew each other.

Most Read

News of the death had been met with shock and sadness by residents in the quiet cul-de-sac.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus