Teenager detained as more than 170 wraps of crack cocaine and heroin seized
A teenager has been arrested after allegedly being caught with a “nasty” knife and more than 170 wraps of crack cocaine and heroin.
Suffolk police’s high-visibility Scorpion team, which targets drug crime and related disorder across the county, said on Thursday, November 16 that it had detained a 16-year-old boy in Haverhill, in the west of the county.
The Scorpion team Tweeted: “Detained a 16-year-old male with this nasty knife and over 170 wraps of crack cocaine and heroin.
“Safeguarding measures to be put in place for the youth. #countylines.”
All those in the Scorpion team are highly-skilled and experienced public order officers with training in searches, surveillance and drugs identification.
You may also want to watch:
Since its formation in 2015, the team - split into east, south and west branches - has been prioritising a mass crackdown on drugs trafficking, as well as working to combat child sex offences, deny criminals use of the roads and make prisons safer places.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 8 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites