Prison absconders detained 24 hours after they failed to return to RV point
Two prisoners who went missing from Hollesley Bay yesterday have been found, police have confirmed.
Eammon Kenevan, 22, and Darren Mellor, 39, failed to return to their designated rendezvous point at 2pm yesterday and were considered missing.
The pair were located in Stowmarket earlier this afternoon, arrested and will now be returned to the prison system.
A statement from police said: “Police would like to thank the public and the media for their help with this matter.”
Hollesley Bay has an operational capacity of 481 and inmates are housed across nine residential units spaced across an 85-acre site which has a public road running through the middle of it.
The units are all named after Suffolk place from the middle ages.
More than 100 prisoners work in the community on a daily basis alongside partner agencies.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 4 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 5 'If we're clever there's lots to learn' - McKenna on Town's Bolton lessons
- 6 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Hazel O'Connor's Sudbury shows cancelled due to 'serious medical incident'
- 10 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich