Prison absconders detained 24 hours after they failed to return to RV point
Two prisoners who went missing from Hollesley Bay yesterday have been found, police have confirmed.
Eammon Kenevan, 22, and Darren Mellor, 39, failed to return to their designated rendezvous point at 2pm yesterday and were considered missing.
The pair were located in Stowmarket earlier this afternoon, arrested and will now be returned to the prison system.
A statement from police said: “Police would like to thank the public and the media for their help with this matter.”
Hollesley Bay has an operational capacity of 481 and inmates are housed across nine residential units spaced across an 85-acre site which has a public road running through the middle of it.
You may also want to watch:
The units are all named after Suffolk place from the middle ages.
More than 100 prisoners work in the community on a daily basis alongside partner agencies.
- 1 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 10 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure