Crash involving motorbike and car shuts road
- Credit: Archant
Officers from Suffolk police have partially closed a road in Felixstowe following a crash involving a car and motorcycle.
Police were called to the scene of the collision in the seaside town at 5.15pm today.
A stretch of Sea Road between The Felsto Arms and The Flying Boat pubs is currently closed as police attend the scene, opposite the Ocean Boulevard amusement park.
The rider of the motorcycle has just been taken away by ambulance crews following the crash, although the extent of their injuries is not currently known.
A passerby has said that after the collision, the motorcycle hurtled around 40 yards down the road, landing on its side and sustaining considerable damage.
You may also want to watch:
More than two hours after the collision, the road remains closed by police.
Suffolk Constabulary has advised drivers to avoid the area, which is frequently used by tourists and staff of local amusement arcades along the promenade.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 8 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 9 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 10 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
Those wishing to access Holland Road and Russell Road should enter the streets via Manning Road.
Ipswich East Police tweeted: “Sea Road #Felixstowe between The Felsto and The Flying Boat currently closed due to an RTC. Please avoid the area.”