Teens arrested after reported bottle attack in Suffolk town
Three teens have been arrested following reports a man was struck with a bottle while another was punched in the face in a Suffolk high street.
The alleged assault happened at around 12.45am on Sunday morning in Hadleigh.
“A 31-year-old man was struck with a glass bottle causing a deep laceration to his face and he was taken to hospital for treatment,” a police spokesman said. “A 42-year-old man was punched to the face during the same incident, causing swelling to his cheek.”
A 17-year-old boy and two 19-year-old men – all from Hadleigh - have been arrested on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm in connection with the incident.
The 17-year-old has been released on police bail and one of the 19-year-olds have been released under investigation pending further enquiries. The other 19-year-old remains in police custody for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses to the incident are asked to contact South CID at Landmark House on 101 quoting reference 36200/18, or the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay