Delays expected on A14 and A12 as police escort pontoon to Lowestoft
Delays are expected on busy roads in Suffolk, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire this morning when police escort an abnormal load through the region.
Suffolk police advised drivers to expect disruption this morning as the slow moving transporter completes its final leg to Commercial Road, Lowestoft.
The abnormal load – a pontoon boat – has departed from Plymouth and is expected to arrive at the A14 on the Suffolk/Cambridgeshire border this morning, before heading along the A11 towards Mildenhall and Thetford.
Norfolk Constabulary is to takeover the escort at around 9.30am when it is expected to have reached the A47 North Burlingham layby.
From there, it will continue to the A12 before taking local roads in Lowestoft to its destination in Commercial Road.
You may also want to watch:
“Delays can be expected along these routes,” a police spokesman said.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 9 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years