Pair arrested over restaurant ‘dine and dash’ spree
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a man and a woman in connection with a string of reported ‘dine and dash’ incidents at pubs and restaurants across Suffolk.
A 45-year-old man, of Hadleigh, and a 43-year-old woman, of Sudbury, were arrested on suspicion of making off without payment.
Suffolk police officers made the arrests in Ipswich on Wednesday.
The pair were taken into custody for questioning at Martlesham Heath police investigation centre.
It follows a series of reported ‘dine and dash’ incidents at five locations in Suffolk, two in Norfolk and one in Essex.
You may also want to watch:
Last week, police said they were linking a series of incidents in which a couple left pubs and restaurants in the region without paying.
Incidents were reported at Hintlesham Hall on August 9 and The George at Hintlesham on August 24.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 9 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 10 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
A bill worth £95 then reportedly went unpaid at the Waterfront Bistro, in Key Street, Ipswich, on September 2.
A week later, on September 10, meals worth £197 were reportedly not paid for at The Marquis of Cornwallis, in Layham.
Another incident was reported at the Swan Inn, Monks Eleigh, where a bill worth £56 was said to have gone unpaid in late October.
Further incidents were reported at a Norfolk pub, the Bird In Hand, Wreningham, on July 19, which police said they were linking with a similar incident on July 20, when a man and a woman stayed at the Sugar Beat Public House, in Bracon Ash, and failed to make payment.
Finally, on August 23, meals worth £146 were reportedly not paid for at the Barn Brasserie, in Brook Road, Colchester.