WATCH as Suffolk Punch foal takes her first steps into the world
- Credit: Archant
A beautiful Suffolk Punch foal made her first steps into the world earlier this week.
Rose and her mother Elsie were able to take their first steps into the Suffolk countryside around a day after she was born to the Coxwell Stud near Ufford.
Coxwell Rose, as she is officially known, was named in memory of her grandmother, Kingsmead Rose, who died earlier this year.
Rose is one of the first foals to be born this year and will become an important part of her breed’s future.
The Suffolk Punch is an endangered breed and is considered highly at risk.
You may also want to watch:
Their population heavily declined following the First World War and has struggled ever since, as the need for heavy horses declined following mechanisation.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 4 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 8 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 10 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed