Suffolk: Quality of county’s beaches goes live
Suffolk’s beaches have been rated highly for quality of water by a new interactive online service.
The detailed profiles of bathing spots along the coast have been released on the internet by the Environment Agency.
An interactive map shows users the results of water samples taken from beaches around England and Wales last year.
The stretch of shoreline between Lowestoft and Frinton-on-Sea has been highly rated for water quality by the agency, which aims to beat the problem of pollution for the UK’s shoreline.
Meanwhile, samples taken from beaches in Great Yarmouth and Clacton returned only minimum quality readings.
You may also want to watch:
The profiles include maps, photos and links to the latest water quality results for coastal and inland bathing sites, released to help people choose the best locations to visit.
Ed Mitchell, Environment Agency director of environment and business, said: “Our new profiles provide the most comprehensive information yet on the cleanliness of bathing waters, helping the public to make more informed choices about the best locations to bathe.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 5 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 8 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 9 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
“A record number of beaches reached the highest European standards last year, but we are not complacent. We are working hard to tackle all sources of pollution, alongside beach users, local authorities, farmers and water companies.”
-Click the link on the right of this story to see the new online profiles.