Suffolk: Road cleared after A12 potato spillage
HUNDREDS of potatoes were cleared from part of the A12 near Ipswich after they were spilled across the road when a trailer overturned.
The incident happened on the A12 close to the roundabout at Martlesham shortly after 10am on Saturday.
A trailer full of potatoes, which was being towed by a tractor, overturned spilling its load over the carriageway.
One eyewitness said: “The trailer is upside down by the side of the road and there are hundreds of potatoes across the road.
“All the crates carrying the potatoes are strewn everywhere too. It happened near the KFC restaurant - so they won’t be short of chips for a while.
You may also want to watch:
“Nobody has been hurt and the road is not blocked but it’s just a very strange sight.”
A spokesman for Suffolk Police confirmed that officers had attended the incident but that the road had not been closed.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 4 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 5 'We are in for three, four or five players' - Town CEO Ashton on new signings and deliver 'dramatic change' for Cook
- 6 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 7 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 10 Ashton reveals season ticket sales and hails impact of Ed Sheeran sponsorship