Audi, lorry and Ford A14 collision now clear
- Credit: Archant
A three-vehicle crash on the A14 has now cleared - but another lane closure will be in place to move the damaged vehicles later tonight.
The collision between an Audi, a Ford Focus and an articulated lorry on the A14 eastbound, close to junction 49 to Haughley, meant that rush-hour drivers endured long delays this evening.
Suffolk police were called at 17:17 and arrived at the scene shortly after, in attendance with the East of England Ambulance Service.
No drivers or passengers were trapped in the vehicles and no one is known to have suffered serious injuries at this point.
One lane was open as police work to clear the road of debris, with heavy traffic stretching past junctions 47 and 49, between Tostock and the Tot Hill roundabouts.
You may also want to watch:
Police remain in attendance at the scene as work continues and a recovery vehicle is due to attend.
UPDATED: The A14 between junction 47 and 49 in now clear of traffic, with another one-lane closure due this evening when police and a recovery vehicle take the vehicles involved away from the scene.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found
Disruption is expected to be minimal but drivers should be careful when driving eastbound on the A14.