Rotary club celebrates traditional handover
- Credit: Archant
Members of Sudbury Rotary Club attended the traditional handover of one president to another at the Mill Hotel in the town earlier this month.
Lesley Ford-Platt passed on the badge of office to her husband Tony Platt, and music at the event was provided by jazz duo Robert and Terry.
Rotary members also visited the new learning bus at Pot Kiln Primary School on Friday, which the Sudbury club helped fund.
The bus provides an multi-functional facility for pupils and families and includes a library/reading area as well as therapeutic space for children.
On July 23, members will enjoy their annual outing for lunch at Sudbury Cricket Club and the guest speaker at the club’s meeting on July 30 will be Oliver Forder, who will give details of the plans for the regeneration at St Peter’s.
You may also want to watch:
The Sudbury Rotary Club is open to people from all backgrounds and includes men and women of all ages and interests.
The club’s weekly lunches are held on Mondays at the Mill Hotel, and offer an opportunity to hear from speakers on topics of interest, follow up on matters concerned with local activities, and enjoy each other’s company.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 4 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 6 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
Non-members are welcome to come along to find out more about Rotary, but are asked to leave a message on the club telephone – 07787 470876 – for catering purposes.