Suffolk’s Charlie Simpson will reunite with Busted for 2016 tour
- Credit: PA
Chart-toppers Busted have reunited after Suffolk’s Charlie Simpson agreed to rejoin the band - despite frequent vows never to return.
Simpson, a former Framlingham College student, is to join James Bourne and Matt Willis for a UK and Ireland tour as the trio get back together for the first time since 2005.
Willis said: “We’re back! Busted are back. We’re stoked and we’re going on tour next year.”
To Simpson, he joked: “Aren’t we, Charlie? We are, right?”
On his previous declarations that he would never return, Simpson, who has released a number of albums with the band Fightstar, said: “I genuinely meant that. There wasn’t a time I said that that I didn’t mean it wholeheartedly. I have changed my mind.”
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this year, Bourne persuaded Simpson to secretly join him in a studio for a week in Philadelphia, where they put together a number of new songs - a catalyst for the reunion.
Bourne said: “It was a really fun time. It felt like we were hanging out like old friends.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 5 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 6 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 7 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 10 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
Despite planning to release new music, Willis promised to play fan favourites including Air Hostess and Year 3000 during the tour in May 2016.
He said: “Busted only had two albums so we’re probably going to play every song that you know.”
The band will start at Wembley Arena, where they performed together for the last time in 2004.
In 2013, in Simpson’s absence, Willis and Bourne joined together with McFly to tour and release music as McBusted.
On his decision not to join that collaboration, Simpson said: “McBusted wasn’t right for me. I was pleased for them more than jealous.”