Suffolk’s Ed Sheeran among top 10 artists worldwide for touring income in 2017
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk music star Ed Sheeran is among the top 10 acts for touring revenue in 2017, according to Pollstar.
The website’s annual year end charts have been published, with the worldwide top tours chart being topped by U2, which grossed a whopping $316 million thanks to the Joshua Tree Tour.
Framlingham’s Ed Sheeran was among a host of young artists to break the top 20, ranking eighth worldwide thanks to $124.1m takings from touring.
Second on the list was Guns N’ Roses, which made $292.5m from its Not in this Lifetime tour featuring the reunion of Axl Rose and guitarist Slash.
Coldplay came third with $238m ahead of top solo artist Bruno Mars, who grossed $200.1m.
You may also want to watch:
An arena-headlining tour across the world and a prestigious Glastonbury Pyramid Stage slot helped boost Ed’s coffers for 2017, off the back of chart-topping album Divide.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs