Suffolk’s Ed Sheeran named Best Act in the World Today at Q Awards
- Credit: PA
Suffolk’s Ed Sheeran has picked up a prize at a prestigious music awards ceremony.
Making his first public appearance since fracturing his wrist and breaking his elbow in a cycling accident, the star walked the red carpet at the Q Awards last night wearing a sling.
The singer-songwriter collected Q Best Act in the World Today gong having been nominated for three awards at the ceremony at Camden Roundhouse.
The 26-year-old revealed on Instagram today he has cancelled gigs in Taipei, Osaka, Seoul, Tokyo and Hong Kong.
Ed told reporters: “It’s not ideal, I can’t really do anything can I?”
You may also want to watch:
The Galway Girl and Shape of You star shared a picture of his arm in a cast on Instagram Monday morning.
It is understood he was treated for his injuries in Suffolk, at Ipswich Hospital.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 8 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 9 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 10 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
Asked what his plans were for further live dates at tonight’s Q Awards, he said: “It’s kind of up to my management and agent.
“I’m a one man show. I don’t have a band it’s just me with a guitar and a loop pedal so there’s not going to be much I can do.”
He added: “I’m not going to short-change fans as well. If you come to see a show it should be the show you paid to see.”
The former Thomas Mills High School pupil laughed off suggestions he could get fellow stars to sign his cast at the showbiz bash, and said the pain he was in was similar to getting a tattoo.
Ed was up for three Q Awards at tonight’s ceremony at the Camden Roundhouse, north London.
He went up against Liam Gallagher, Stormzy, St Vincent and Lana Del Rey in the best solo artist category and was also up for best track for Shape Of You.