Suffolk’s Got Talent night could be first step on the ladder to stardom
- Credit: Su Anderson
The event is open to any Suffolk resident aged five and over – and judges are looking for a wide variety of talent to take part, from singers, dancers, musicians, magicians, comedians and even talented pets.
Following the massive success of previous competitions, Leiston Film Theatre is staging the contest, which will offer the lucky winner a £250 prize and an opportunity to perform at a national talent showcase.
Suffolk’s Got Talent will take place at the venue on February 17 next year.
Leiston Film Theatre manager Wayne Burns is determined to discover another Suffolk star – and the contest could be the first step on the ladder to stardom for those entering.
He said: “Suffolk has a huge variety of talented acts and the aim of this competition is to showcase those talents in front of a live audience and to make an impression on those judges.”
The competition will be overseen by a panel of professional judges, consisting of experienced agents, personalities and artistes, who will comment on each individual act and select the overall winner from the contestants participating.
The winner on the night will receive a £250 cash prize, plus a gold spot at a national talent showcase, performing in front of booking agents from the leisure industry.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
Previous winner, Maddie Coelho, from Charsfield, has appeared all over the country since winning Suffolk’s Got Talent in 2010 and is currently playing Dorothy is a national tour of The Wizard of Oz.
Maddie will be returning to the venue in June 2018, to appear in an ‘End of the Pier’ variety show and is looking forward to returning to the stage where her journey began.
Auditions for Suffolk’s Got Talent will be held at Leiston Film Theatre, High Street, on Saturday, January 20 and Sunday, January 21, 2018.
Application forms are now available from Leiston Film Theatre on 01728 830549, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for entries is December 31.
Tickets for Suffolk’s Got Talent are also now available from the venue, priced at £12.50 and £11.50 and can also be purchased online via the Leiston Film Theatre website at www.leistonfilmtheatre.co.uk