Suffolk sauce maker celebrates deal with Russian supermarket chain
- Credit: Buffy Thompson
A Woodbridge-based sauce company is celebrating its first export deal, signed with a Russian supermarket chain.
Salubrious Sauce Co of Rendlesham clinched a contract with Azubka Vkusa, which has 90 stores.
Described as Russia’s answer to Waitrose, the high end chain of retail outlets specialise in top end products from artisan producers.
A buyer from the retailer discovered Salubrious Sauce Co at the International Food & Drink Exhibition in London in March, and signed a deal to stock its British Breakfast, Sunday Lunch and Classic BBQ Sauce.
“This is a fantastic start to our export journey,” said firm founder Jim Fennell. “So far we’ve shipped thousands of bottles of our sauces to Russia and sales have been strong. I think the buyer liked the provenance and Britishness of our range of products.”
You may also want to watch:
The firm achieved its first national listing with Ocado in September.
“2017 has been a fantastic year for us. Sales are growing every day, we’re picking up new customers both at home and abroad and brand awareness is increasing. We look forward to see what lies ahead in 2018,” said Jim.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
Salubrious Sauce Co. was founded in 2015 with its flagship product, British Breakfast Sauce. Since then the business has gone from strength to strength, launching more products into the range.