Melton youngsters enjoy special Happiness Festival
- Credit: RACHEL EDGE
Pupils at Melton Primary School have taken part in its annual Happiness Festival.
There were a number of different activities for children from across the year groups to get involved with including bike riding, yoga and marshmallow roasting to make smores.
The school's headteacher Alun Davies was even on hand to act as a DJ while youngsters got involved in dances such as the conga.
"It's gone fantastically," said assistant headteacher Sandra Thornton.
"It's been really amazing. The kids had a fantastic time and so did the staff."
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Thornton said that it had been a rewarding day for pupils to show off a range of skills that weren't always used in the classroom.
"They are doing activities that they don't always the have the opportunity to do now," said Mrs Thornton.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 6 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 7 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 8 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 9 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
"There is a list of 50 things children should do before they leave primary school so we try and cover them."