School pupils crowned county tennis champions
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from an independent school near Bury St Edmunds were victorious in a county tennis final last month.
Four Year 3 pupils from Culford School won the county school tennis title held at Framlingham Prep School, having qualified for the finals following their win in the group stage earlier in June.
The Year 3 boys team consisted of Riley Cozens, George Hansgate, Samuel Chamberlain and Lewis Chambers.
The team beat Framlingham B team in their semi-final 6-0, before defeating Old Buckenham Hall 4-2 in a closely fought match in the final to be crowned champions in the county.
David Hall, head of school who is also director of tennis at Culford School, said: “It was very encouraging to see the pupils play so well and put into practice the preparation in coaching sessions.
“Well done to the whole team.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 3 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 9 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 10 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home