What are your memories of school sports days? Take a look at our gallery of old photos
- Credit: Archant
It was loved by some but dreaded by others - so what are your memories of your school sports day?
Our photo archives are full of images of youngsters showing their athletic prowess in Suffolk, with schoolchildren running, jumping and even taking part in the egg and spoon race.
This nostalgic selection of images shows a hotly-contested race at Cliff Lane’s sports day in Ipswich in 1985, as well as a very acrobatic pose at Northgate School’s junior athletics day a year later.
Northgate School also features with a picture from its sports day in 1978, showing young athletes jumping the hurdles with apparent success.
There are also crowds watching a running race at Orwell Park School in 1983.
You may also want to watch:
Do you recognise anyone in the photos? Or were you present, taking part in one of the events?
Email email@example.com with your memories.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
To order copies of photos, visit www.eadt.co.uk/myphotos24, or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.