Suffolk schools awarded gold level School Games award
Whatfield CEVC Primary and Bildeston Primary have been given the status.
Two Ipswich schools are celebrating after being awarded a top level sporting award.
The mark is a government led awards scheme which was launched six years ago which recognises schools who develop their competition across their school and community.
Only 2,000 schools in England have the gold level.
Amongst some of the criteria to achieve this level is the need for at least 50% of pupils at the school to be engaging in extracurricular sporting and physical activity each week.
You may also want to watch:
Lynne Golding, the executive headteacher across both schools said: “We are delighted that this year both schools have been awarded the gold award, and pupils and parents are thrilled at the recognition of the hard work and organisation it takes for small schools such as ours to achieve it!”
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 3 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 9 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 10 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs