Deadline looms for Suffolk secondary school applications - here’s how to apply
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
There are little more than 10 days left to secure your child’s place at your first choice secondary school for September next year - but how do you apply?
Suffolk County Council received 7,831 applications last year from parents and carers hoping to get their child into Year 7 at their preferred secondary school, including high schools and upper schools.
While the vast majority were offered places at their first preference, nearly one in 10 did not receive offers for their top choice.
The council is urging all parents of children currently in Year 6 to get their applications in before the Saturday, October 31 deadline to give themselves the “best chance of securing a place at one of their preferred schools”.
Parents, who can list up to three schools and are strongly advised to apply to more than one school, will find out whether a place has been secured for their child on National Offer Day - which takes place on Monday, March 1 next year.
You may also want to watch:
They are also asked to consider how their child will get to and from school, as parents’ availability for school travel depends on them attending the nearest suitable school with places available.
Click here to apply, where further advice and guidance is also available.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 5 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 6 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 7 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 8 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week