Suffolk set to avoid weekend of snow
SUFFOLK woke to freezing temperatures, sleet showers and a sprinkling of snow today, while other parts of the UK face major disruptions due to heavy snowfall.
SUFFOLK woke to freezing temperatures and sleet showers today, while other parts of the UK face major disruptions due to heavy snow.
Temperatures in the region have plummeted during the recent cold snap - however forecasters have revealed that some sun may be on the cards.
Steve Weston, a forecaster for WeatherQuest, said that the weekend's weather would mainly consist of sunny spells and wintery showers.
He said: “Saturday will be mostly dry, with sunny spells and a possibility of wintery showers. Sunday is likely to be quite similar.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the blast of wintry weather has brought some parts of the country to a standstill, with some areas experiencing several inches of snow.
The Met Office has warned of widespread icy roads in many parts of the country.
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 3 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 4 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 5 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 6 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 7 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 8 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal