Suffolk: Seven months of road improvement works launched
Improvement work is due to start next week on the Copdock Interchange and Dock Spur roundabout.
The work will last seven months and is designed to accommodate additional traffic generated by an expansion to the Port of Felixstowe.
Improvements include an increase in the number of lanes on the roundabouts as well as some of the approaches to the roundabouts.
New traffic signals will also be installed, including a signalised pedestrian crossing on the western approach and exit to Dock Spur Roundabout to assist pedestrians using a public footpath that crosses the A14.
The scheme is being funded by the Felixstowe Dock and Railway Company as a condition to the planning permission for the expansion to the Port of Felixstowe.
You may also want to watch:
Project sponsor Brian Pitkin said: “This scheme, whilst primarily catering for the increase in traffic following the expansion to the Port of Felixstowe, is also anticipated to provide reductions in the existing congestion and improvement to journey times, particularly at the busy Copdock Interchange.”
During the works, which start on Monday, a temporary 40mph speed limit will be in force at both junctions. A 50mph speed limit will be in force on the approaches to the junctions.
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 5 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 8 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 9 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 10 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
At the southern exit from the Dock Spur Roundabout the offside lane of the A14 will be closed 24 hours a day.
Throughout the work period lane closures will be in place most nights and there will be a limited number of nights when vehicles will be taken through the works in a convoy.