Suffolk Show 2018: Plan your journey ahead of the second day at Trinity Park
- Credit: Archant
The volume of traffic heading to Suffolk Show site will be likely to cause some hold-ups this morning – particularly near the A12/A14 Seven Hills junction.
Special routes to the showground from different parts of the area have been signposted, and the advice from police and highways officials is that all drivers should follow the yellow signs taking them to Trinity Park.
There are also special routes away from Trinity Park at the end of the day. Again, drivers are asked to follow the signs to avoid causing problems on smaller routes away from the showground.
Drivers approaching the show along the A12 from Woodbridge will be directed along the Bucklesham village route.
Those approaching from the west along the A14 are asked to use lane one after the Orwell Bridge, to minimise the disruption for vehicles travelling to Felixstowe, and to then come off at the Seven Hills A14/ A12 roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers are encouraged to use both lanes on the slip road off the A14 and then utilise two lanes around the roundabout itself towards the showground.
Traffic from Ipswich should make use of arrangements along Bucklesham Road to access Gate 4, while those approaching from Felixstowe should follow signs off the A14 prior to the Seven Hills junction.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 9 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 10 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
Motorists are being asked to follow these routes in reverse when leaving the showground, with two lanes of traffic flowing from Gate 10 back to the Seven Hills interchange.
The gates of the Suffolk Show open at 7am on both days – and all trade stands will be open from 8.30am until 6pm on both days.
The last entry on both days is 5.30pm – and there is plenty of entertainment to keep the attention of visitors.
The times of the attractions in the Grand Ring and other rings can be found in the official show guide.
The Grand Parade is the highlight in the Grand Ring on both days with winning exhibits shown off – it is held at 4.15pm today and 3pm on Thursday.
Another popular attraction in the ring is expected to be the Bolddog Lings motorcycle stunts crew – showing off the kind of riding you hopefully won’t see on the streets of Suffolk.
Titan the Robot is returning to the show again – he is always a popular attraction with younger visitors – and this year there is a smartphone app that can be downloaded to give you details about the show as it happens.