Sunshine and highs of 22C predicted for Suffolk Show - but there could be the odd shower
With only a day to go until the start of this year’s Suffolk Show visitors will be looking to the sky wondering whether to pack their waterproofs and wellies or their sun hats and shades for the big event.
Excitement is building ahead of the two-day action-packed event, which returns to Trinity Park on Wednesday, May 29, and Thursday, May 30, right in the middle of the school half term holidays.
Visitors may want to prepare for all possibilities as forecasters are predicting a mixed bag of weather, especially on Wednesday when it will start off cloudy, with the sun likely to burn through later in the day.
Later in the day there is a chance there could be the off shower.
Thursday appears to be the better day, both warmer and dryer with temperatures hitting the low 20s.
You may also want to watch:
Fred West, forecaster from East Anglian based Weatherquest, said: "Wednesday should be dry first thing and there should be some sunshine about.
"There is a potential of a few showers developing around lunch time and these could be quite heavy.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 6 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 7 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 8 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 9 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
"It looks like there will be a build up of cloud into the afternoon with the risk of lighter showers. We could se highs of 16C.
"Looking onto Thursday, it should be dry but cloudy and it will be much warmer with highs of 22C.
"There will also be a strong breeze and the odd risk of light drizzle showers which mean it could be quite humid."