Suffolk Show: Drivers reminded to leave extra time as show gets under way
Drivers are being reminded that they may need to allow extra time for their journey tomorrow and Thursday as the 2014 Suffolk Show gets under way at Trinity Park.
The annual show is being held on Wednesday May 28 and Thursday, May 29 and police have said that while everything possible will be done to keep the traffic flowing, there may be some delays.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said: “In recent years congestion has been fairly minimal but the sheer volume of traffic heading to the site inevitably means there may be some hold-ups, particularly near the A12 and A14 Seven Hills junction.”
Thousands of visitors are expected to attend the two-day event and, as there may be some disruption, police are asking drivers to think ahead and either leave more time for their journey at peak times or, if appropriate, to find an alternative route.
Regardless of whether you’re heading to the Show or not, officers are urging everyone to follow signing and arrangements in place to ensure things run as smoothly as possible.
Drivers approaching along the A12 from Woodbridge will be directed along the Bucklesham village route, while those approaching from the west along the A14 are asked to come off at the Seven Hills roundabout, use both lanes on the slip road off the A14 and then utilise two lanes around the roundabout itself towards the showground.
Vehicles travelling eastbound on the A14 attending the Suffolk Show are also asked to use lane one after junction 57, with other traffic travelling to Felixstowe urged to use lane two to avoid unnecessary disruption.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 2 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 3 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's Carabao Cup exit
- 5 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their Colchester loss
- 7 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 8 Keogh: Why I've joined Town and what I'm here to do
- 9 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 10 Man bitten by dog during fight in east Suffolk street
Traffic from Ipswich should make use of arrangements along Bucklesham Road to access Gate 4, while those approaching from Felixstowe should follow signing off the A14 prior to the Seven Hills junction. Drivers are being asked to follow these routes in reverse when leaving the showground, with two lanes of traffic flowing from Gate 10 back to the Seven Hills interchange.
Police will be on hand to respond to reports of collisions or specific delays.