Suffolk Show: Show attendees ecstatic as HRH Prince Harry pays a visit
- Credit: Archant
As Prince Harry’s Land Rover pulled up on the Main Avenue of Trinity Park crowds of people packed around the security fences and a loud cheer went up as he stepped out of the car.
Immediately the prince began to shake hands with a beaming smile and speak to members of the public, who were clearly thrilled.
Chants of “Harry! Harry!” could be heard from different parts of the crowd and a sea of mobile phones rose above people’s heads to capture a picture of the occasion.
Joanne Hughes brought her two children along to the Suffolk Show and gave a loud cheer when she saw Prince Harry approaching the Farm Discovery Zone.
“We’re very excited, it’s nice that there’s a really high-profile figure who has come to the Suffolk Show this year,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“We had already booked our tickets because we do like to come and support the show but it’s made it more exciting knowing that he’ll be here.”
Veovisa Schofield and her son Ngutu, from Felixstowe, tried to get as close as possible to the prince in order to get a photo.
- 1 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 6 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 7 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 8 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 9 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 10 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
“Oh my goodness it’s really amazing, overwhelming, so exciting,” she said. “This is the first time I’ve seen him in the flesh, I’ve only seen him on the TV. I want him to face this way so we can get a picture.”
Jessie Nasmyth-Miller, 16, described Prince Harry as a “heartthrob” but was unable to get close enough for a good photograph.
“I got a really good photo of his left ear,” she said. “I’m going to put it on my wall.”
For video of Prince Harry’s visit, click here