Suffolk Show: Show attendees ecstatic as HRH Prince Harry pays a visit
- Credit: Archant
As Prince Harry’s Land Rover pulled up on the Main Avenue of Trinity Park crowds of people packed around the security fences and a loud cheer went up as he stepped out of the car.
Immediately the prince began to shake hands with a beaming smile and speak to members of the public, who were clearly thrilled.
Chants of “Harry! Harry!” could be heard from different parts of the crowd and a sea of mobile phones rose above people’s heads to capture a picture of the occasion.
Joanne Hughes brought her two children along to the Suffolk Show and gave a loud cheer when she saw Prince Harry approaching the Farm Discovery Zone.
“We’re very excited, it’s nice that there’s a really high-profile figure who has come to the Suffolk Show this year,” she said.
“We had already booked our tickets because we do like to come and support the show but it’s made it more exciting knowing that he’ll be here.”
Veovisa Schofield and her son Ngutu, from Felixstowe, tried to get as close as possible to the prince in order to get a photo.
- 1 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 2 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 3 Fire crews spend eight hours tackling north Suffolk field blaze overnight
- 4 'Nottingham Knockers' targeting homes in east Suffolk village
- 5 McKenna delighted to see Town win game of 'aggressive chaos'
- 6 'It's a very exciting time for us' - Suffolk golf club plans submitted
- 7 Fears over impact of cottage plans on landmark Suffolk windmill
- 8 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 9 5 fantastic village shops to visit in Suffolk
- 10 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their Burton Albion win
“Oh my goodness it’s really amazing, overwhelming, so exciting,” she said. “This is the first time I’ve seen him in the flesh, I’ve only seen him on the TV. I want him to face this way so we can get a picture.”
Jessie Nasmyth-Miller, 16, described Prince Harry as a “heartthrob” but was unable to get close enough for a good photograph.
“I got a really good photo of his left ear,” she said. “I’m going to put it on my wall.”
For video of Prince Harry’s visit, click here