WATCH: Hilarious footage of mascot derby race at the Suffolk Show - but how did Tractor Boy fare?
- Credit: Archant
The mascot derby: It is one of the many highlights of the Suffolk Show - and the winning title is hotly contested. See how our mascot, Tractor Boy, got on.
When the East Anglian Daily Times and Ipswich Star mascot took to the President’s Ring today there was a look of fierce determination in his eyes.
A huge crowd formed around the perimeter, all cheering for their favourite, with the event including the likes of Pudsey Bear for the BBC, Woody Bear from Pleasurewood Hills and a giant bottle of Adnams’ Ghost Ship.
There is not a year that has gone by where he hasn’t suffered a tumble on the course - and sadly this year proved no different.
Tractor Boy’s toughest competitor proved to be a pretty nimble carrot, who stormed ahead of the other mascots.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking after the race, Tractor Boy said: “It’s tougher than it looks. Those hay bales got the better of me.
“There was no chance I could keep up with that carrot - have you seen the size of my head?”
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 5 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
Watch our video to discover the final result.