Suffolk singer Ed Sheeran tops list of Yahoo celebrity web searches for 2017
- Credit: PA
Donald Trump, Brexit and the General Election were the most-searched terms on Yahoo this year.
In its annual Year in Reviews report, the technology firm said politics had dominated the web searches of Yahoo users in the UK.
Framlingham superstar Ed Sheeran came fourth, ahead of Strictly Come Dancing, and Love Island, Game of Thrones, North Korea and Ariana Grande.
The Shape of You singer also topped the celebrities search list ahead of Ariana Grande and Cheryl.
Royal bride-to-be Meghan Markle also featured in the list, placing at number six.
You may also want to watch:
Yahoo UK editor-in-chief Nick Petche said: “This year’s most searched terms echo the state of the nation in 2017.
“The public have been keen to engage and hear more on the events that have caused anxiety but also source light relief in the world of entertainment.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
“With Donald Trump, Brexit and General Election being the most searched terms in the past year – politics, for good or bad, foreign or domestic, is dominating the national conversation.
“Donald Trump continues to polarise; not only making him the most searched-for politician, news item and general search term in the country, but also shining the spotlight on his wife, Melania, and daughter Ivanka.”
British tennis star Johanna Konta was the most searched for sportsperson of the year, ahead of boxing champion Anthony Joshua and fellow tennis ace Andy Murray.