Suffolk singer Ed Sheeran tops list of Yahoo celebrity web searches for 2017
- Credit: PA
Donald Trump, Brexit and the General Election were the most-searched terms on Yahoo this year.
In its annual Year in Reviews report, the technology firm said politics had dominated the web searches of Yahoo users in the UK.
Framlingham superstar Ed Sheeran came fourth, ahead of Strictly Come Dancing, and Love Island, Game of Thrones, North Korea and Ariana Grande.
The Shape of You singer also topped the celebrities search list ahead of Ariana Grande and Cheryl.
Royal bride-to-be Meghan Markle also featured in the list, placing at number six.
You may also want to watch:
Yahoo UK editor-in-chief Nick Petche said: “This year’s most searched terms echo the state of the nation in 2017.
“The public have been keen to engage and hear more on the events that have caused anxiety but also source light relief in the world of entertainment.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 3 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 4 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 7 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 8 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 9 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 10 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
“With Donald Trump, Brexit and General Election being the most searched terms in the past year – politics, for good or bad, foreign or domestic, is dominating the national conversation.
“Donald Trump continues to polarise; not only making him the most searched-for politician, news item and general search term in the country, but also shining the spotlight on his wife, Melania, and daughter Ivanka.”
British tennis star Johanna Konta was the most searched for sportsperson of the year, ahead of boxing champion Anthony Joshua and fellow tennis ace Andy Murray.