Suffolk slimmers meet singer and presenter Peter Andre at national awards
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk slimming consultants have celebrated a record year with the help of pop star Peter Andre.
The Mysterious Girl singer met with consultants from Slimming World groups from across the county as he presented the annual Slimming World Awards with the organisation’s founder and chair Margaret Miles-Bramwell OBE.
The awards celebrated the achievements of the nationwide organisation and its members.
Mr Andre had previously helped the company earlier this year with their record-breaking fundraiser.
The Big Slimming World Clothes Throw, helped to raise £3.3 million for Cancer Research UK in just two weeks.
You may also want to watch:
The Aussie singer said: “It was an honour to be invited to present the Slimming World Awards.
“I met so many incredible people who had lost amazing amounts of weight and transformed themselves – inside and out.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
Ipswich Slimming World Consultant Emma Bell said: “We couldn’t be prouder of our members.
“Throughout 2017 they have lost fantastic amounts of weight, with many of them hitting their target weights, improving their health and boosting their confidence.
“It’s so rewarding to see people being able to do things that they didn’t think were possible before losing weight, whether that’s having more energy, feeling happier, wearing smaller clothes, taking up new hobbies, reducing medication or doing more with their family and friends.
“Every week we feel extremely lucky to play even a small part in people’s achievements and we felt very honoured to represent our Slimming World groups at the Slimming World Awards.
“Cuddling up to Peter was a real treat. He was bowled over by the difference Slimming World makes to people’s lives and it reminded us what important and privileged roles we have as Consultants.
“Now we’re heading into 2018 super motivated to support even more people in Ipswich to be inspired to lose weight and lead healthier and happier lives.”
Kate Miles, who runs a Slimming World group at the Hadleigh Pool and Leisure, said: “Lots of people will be making resolutions to lose weight and improve their health this New Year.
“I’d love for anyone who’s thinking about losing weight this January to join us.”