Suffolk: Snow causes cancellations and delays at Heathrow Airport
- Credit: PA
PASSENGERS at Heathrow Airport face further delays today with about 20 per cent of flights – about 250 journeys – cancelled as more snow is expected.
In total 111 flights, 101 of them British Airways, were cancelled yesterday after hundreds of passengers spent Friday night in the airport.
Many passengers complained about a lack of information from the authorities.
London City Airport said it had to close its runway until 2pm and there were delays and cancellations.
Between 2-6cm is forecast for later today at Heathrow, meaning poor visibility and reducing capacity, Heathrow Airport said.
Snow at other European airports could also contribute to cancellations.
Gatwick and Stansted airports are operating as normal, with teams on standby to clear snow if required.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 10 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home
The weather has also disrupted train services.
Have you had your travel plans disrupted because of the snow? Call the news desk on 01473 324788 or e-mail email@example.com.