Suffolk: Snow showers to dust the county
WRAP up in your winter woolies, snow showers are on the way.
Forecasters at WeatherQuest in Norwich said they are expecting to see sleet showers and dustings of snow across Suffolk by Friday.
A cold spell is set to grip the county as temperatures plummet below freezing at night and struggle to break above the freezing mark during the day.
Tomorrow the unsettled weather will continue with showers pushing in from the North Sea.
By Wednesday evening the mercury is expected to drop to between -3C and -4C with chances of sleet on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
By Friday morning forecasters are predicting people will wake up to snow in parts of Suffolk, with the wintry spell lasting into the weekend.
Weather expert John Law said: We are expecting cold weather through to the start of next week.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Former Town loanee joins McCarthy's Cardiff side
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
“It will be really cold, both during the day and at night. By Friday daytime temperatures will struggle to reach 4C.
“Snow and sleet are looking a real possibility.”
Mr Law said snow was more likely in eastern parts of the county but temperatures will be coldest in the west.
He warned motorists to take care on the roads as the cold temperatures will cause icy conditions on the roads.
“It is going to be a cold one for us here. People will need to take care, there will be ice on the roads,” Mr Law added.