Suffolk social work team up for national award for its children’s services
- Credit: Archant
A team of social workers dealing with children across east Suffolk has been nominated for a prestigious national award.
A Child in Care Team in Suffolk has been selected as a result of their outstanding work with children and their families.
The Coastal and North East Ipswich Child in Care Team is a finalist in the Social Worker of the Year Awards 2017.
They will find out if they have won at an exclusive awards ceremony which will take place in London later this month.
The team is one of 81 finalists across 16 categories and the winners from each category will compete against each other to be named the “Overall Social Worker of the Year 2017.”
You may also want to watch:
The awards ceremony is the leading celebration of its kind in the social care sector, and recognises the achievements and successes of the profession’s most innovative and dedicated social workers.
Olly Swann, Director of Children’s Services at award sponsor iMPOWER, said: “This award recognises the best work in children’s social care and a team which consistently makes a positive difference to the lives of the children and families it supports.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 5 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 6 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
- 10 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
“To reach the finals is an outstanding achievement and something to be very proud of.”
Gordon Jones, Cabinet Member for Children’s Services at Suffolk County Council, said: “We are delighted that The Coastal and North East Ipswich Child in Care Team has been nominated for this award.
“We are proud of the team’s achievements and consistent support they provide to children and young people in the county. Members of the team have previously been recognised for their outstanding achievements, with Emily Tiplady-Ead winning last year’s ‘Children’s Social Worker of the Year Award’.
“Suffolk County Council prides itself on ensuring that all children and families are fully supported to achieve their potential and enjoy happy childhoods.
“The council’s children’s services are currently rated ‘Good’ in all areas, following a recent Ofsted inspection. Their report highlighted areas of outstanding practice within the council’s Children In Care teams.”
The Social Worker of the Year Awards are supported by headline sponsor Sanctuary Social Care and other organisations from across the country.