Suffolk/South Africa: Service will symbolise my sister’s life, says Reeva Steenkamps’s brother
- Credit: AP
REEVA Steenkamp’s brother Adam has said a memorial service today will reflect all the good his sister stood for.
Mr Steenkamp, who lives in Moulton, near Newmarket, was talking on the eve of the service in South Africa.
Miss Steenkamp, 29, was found shot dead at the home of athlete Oscar Pistorius last week.
Pistorius is due to make an application for bail today after being charged with his girlfriend’s pre-meditated murder, which he denies.
Speaking to the BBC he said: “All the family’s coming together from all over the world, from all over South Africa. We are just about all here now, getting ready to be together for the memorial.
You may also want to watch:
“We are just taking things one day at a time.
“We will get through tomorrow to remember my sister and all the good things she stood for, and after that we will see what life brings us.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
“But, at the moment, it’s family coming together and actually the one person who would be the strongest - who held us all together - unfortunately is not here anymore. That’s my sister.”
Miss Steenkamp will be cremated in her home city, Port Elizabeth.