Suffolk: Spate of chimney fires continues
FIREFIGHTERS have tackled a series of chimney blazes today.
Four crews, including three from Norfolk, were called to Gallows Hill, Redgrave shortly after 3pm.
On arriving at the scene crews found that the chimney was well alight and smoke was issuing into the roof space.
They are currently removing tiles, in hopes of bringing the blaze under control. They remain at the scene.
Crews are also tackling a blaze at The Green, in Tuddenham near Mildenhall, where a chimney had caught alight.
You may also want to watch:
They arrived at the scene at 3.30pm and are currently awaiting the arrival of a turntable ladder.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences