Suffolk Steel Tragedy: Donations pour in to fund
DONATIONS have been pouring in for a memorial fund in memory of four friends who were killed in an horrific industrial accident.
Adam Taylor, 28 from Rickinghall, Peter Johnson, 41, and brothers Thomas, 26, and Daniel Hazelton, 30, all from Stanton were killed while working at Claxton Engineering Services Limited in Great Yarmouth last week.
Regulars at the Cock Inn in Stanton, where the friends used to drink, have been donating money to The East Anglian Daily Times’ Four Friends appeal to create a lasting memorial to the popular group.
Chris Roberts, landlady of the pub, said: “Everybody is giving money.
“It is going really well.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone knew them and they would like somewhere to go to remember them.”
A Home Office post-mortem examination on the men released yesterday concluded they died of asphyxia due to trauma.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 4 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
An inquest into the deaths was due to be opened today.
Former Ipswich Town star James Scowcroft, who has lived all his life in Stanton, has already given �200 the Four Friends appeal.
To support the fund, please send cheques payable to Archant Regional Ltd (write Four Friends Memorial Fund on the reverse) to The Four Friends Memorial Fund, c/o The Editor, EADT, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 1AN.