Bourne Park playground in Ipswich to close for upgrade work
- Credit: Ipswich Borough Council
An Ipswich playground will be closing for around a month to allow improvements to be carried out at the site.
The playground area at Bourne Park, which runs between Wherstead Road and Stoke Park Drive, will be closing on April 21 while the borough council improves the facility.
The toilets will also be closed for refurbishment.
The park itself will remain open.
A council spokesman said: “We apologise for the inconvenience while the work progresses but we are sure visitors will like the refurbishment when it reopens at the end of May.”
You may also want to watch:
Other play areas will remain open nearby for residents to use whilst the work is carried out.
These include the sites at Monmouth Close and Halifax Road and teen areas at Whitland Close and Halifax Road.
For a full list of other parks available in the Ipswich area while the Bourne Park playground is closed, visit www.ipswich.gov.uk/content/play-areas
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic