Suffolk strangler's High Court date
SUFFOLK strangler Steve Wright's leave to appeal hearing is scheduled to take place at the High Court in London on February 24, it was confirmed today.
SUFFOLK strangler Steve Wright's leave to appeal hearing will take place at the High Court in London on February 24.
Wright, 50, of London Road, Ipswich, was convicted at Ipswich Crown Court last year for the murders of Tania Nicol, Gemma Adams, Anneli Alderton, Paula Clennell and Annette Nicholls. The five sex workers were killed and their bodies dumped at sites in the Hintlesham and Nacton areas between the end of October and the beginning of December 2006.
A spokesman for the Suffolk Crown Prosecution Service today said: “We have been informed that Steve Wright's application for leave to appeal will be heard on February 24.”
You may also want to watch:
The Royal Courts of Justice in London also confirmed the date and said the hearing would take place before three High Court judges.
Should Wright, who has always denied murdering the women, be successful in his application, he will be granted an appeal hearing where he will be able to challenge his conviction.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 9 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid