Suffolk: Teacher charged with grooming and sexual activity with a child
A TEACHER from Suffolk has been charged with a string of offences, including sexual activity with a child.
Christopher Wilkinson, from Church Street, Worlingworth, has been suspended from his job at Stradbroke High School.
The 39-year-old was yesterday charged with one count of grooming, two counts of making indecent images of children, two counts of sexual activity in breach of trust and seven counts of sexual activity with a child.
He was arrested in April on suspicion of “an abuse of a position of trust”.
Andrew Bloom, headteacher at Stradbroke High School, has previously declined to comment, saying it was a matter for the police.
You may also want to watch:
The school, which has one of the smallest numbers of pupils in the county at about 350, teaches children aged 11 to 16.
It was renamed Stradbroke Business and Enterprise College in 2005 after getting specialist status but adopted its old name after becoming an academy.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 3 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 4 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 7 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 8 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 9 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
- 10 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
Mr Wilkinson will appear before Lowestoft Magistrates’ Court on September 25.