Suffolk team win barbecue competition in London
- Credit: A Passion to Inspire
A team from Suffolk beat some of best barbecue chefs in the country to win a competition in London.
Chefs descended on the Signature Brewery in the capital on September 19 to compete in the Dingley Dell Dirty Dozen BBQ contest.
The team title was taken by the Mighty Morphin Pork Arrangers, led by John Jackaman and Barney O’Connell, from the Suffolk-based Infusions Group.
Their winning dishes were North Carolina smoked pork shoulder in a potato bun with coleslaw, vinegar sauce and homemade black pudding and a Suffolk apple crumble, treacle smoked bacon, vanilla ice cream and liquid nitrogen.
The team was assisted by students Sam Paoli, and Paulo Dela Cruz and their lecturer Jeff Mason.
A celebrity panel, which included Dan Hawkins from The Darkness and comedian Ed Gamble, were the judges for the competition.
The food was sold to the public and together with a charity auction the event raised £6,000 for the Suffolk-based Over the Rainbow Children’s Charity.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 5 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 10 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish